Mr Alban Sumana Kingsford Bagbin issued the disclaimer to the false publication in a private newspaper of Thursday, November 17, 2022, titled “Bagbin bans phones in Parliament”.
Addressing the Parliamentary Press Corps in Accra, Speaker Bagbin said he had issued no such directive.
He noted that no Member of Parliament had been stopped from using his or her phone in the Chamber.
“The Parliamentary Press Corps, who operate from the press gallery have equally not received any directive banning them from using their phones in the execution of their functions and Parliamentary reporting,” he said.
The Speaker said his Office remained accessible to the media for purposes of clarification on any issue of interest to them.
“We entreat all well-meaning Ghanaians to disregard the wrong and misleading publication, which sought to tarnish the Speaker’s image and reputation by the false claim in the headline.”
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Liked this Article? You can share with others via various social media platforms. Got some information to share with us?
Send us your articles or advertisements enquiries via [email protected]
60 total views, 2 views today