If you work in a government or private company and your PF is deducted, then your family can get Rs 7 lakh.
For this, it is most important that you file EPF nominations digitally as soon as possible. Explain that every member of EPFO gets the facility of insurance cover under the Employee Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme. In this, a maximum of Rs 7 lakh is paid to the nominee under the insurance cover.Also Read: Farmer latest news one district one product Scheme benefits for Farmers central Govt approved list of 33 Districts Products
For filing EPF nominations digitally, EPFO has recently issued a notification urging everyone to file their e-nomination so as to ensure social security of the family of the account holder. EPFO tweeted in a video post, “Members should file e-nomination today to provide social security to their families. Follow these easy steps to file EPF/EPS enrollment digitally.Also Read: TN SSLC 10th Result 2021 Declared Check Tamil Nadu Board Result with Direct Link
Members should file e-Nomination today to provide #SocialSecurity to their families. Follow these easy steps to file EPF/EPS nomination #digitally. #PF #ईपीएफ@byadavbjp @Rameswar_Teli @PMOIndia @PIB_India @PIBHindi @MIB_India @mygovindia @DDNewslive @airnewsalerts @PTI_News pic.twitter.com/rcoTgfAftB
— EPFO (@socialepfo) August 17, 2021
How to register EPF enrollment digitally
- Visit the official website of EPFO https://www.epfindia.gov.in/.
- Click on ‘Services’ option.
- Then click on the ‘For Employees’ section.
- You will then be redirected to the official Member e-Services portal, where you will have to log in. For this do so by using your UAN, Password and Captcha code.
- Go to the ‘Manage’ tab on the drop-down menu and select e-nomination
- Select ‘Yes’ option to update family declaration
- Click on ‘Add Family Details’
- Select ‘Nomination Details’ so that you can declare the total amount of the share.
- Once you have done that, ‘Save EPF Nomination’. Click on
- After going to the next page, click on ‘e-Sign’ option to generate One-time Password (OTP).
- It will be sent to the mobile number linked to your Aadhar card .
- Enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile number.
In May, India’s retirement fund manager extended the death insurance benefit for subscribers of its Employees’ Deposit-Linked Insurance (EDLI) scheme. The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) in a gazette said that the minimum death insurance has been increased to ₹ 2.5 lakh and maximum ₹ 7 lakh from the earlier limit of ₹ 2 lakh and ₹ 6 lakh respectively.Also Read: Disney hotstar new plans to go live from 1 september all you need to know
Employees working in organizations enrolled under the EPF scheme get the benefit of the EDLI scheme. This cover is also available to the aggrieved family of those employees who have left one company and worked in another within a year. The payment is a lump sum. In EDLI, the employee does not have to pay any amount. In case there is no nomination under the scheme, the coverage would be the spouse, unmarried daughters and minor son/sons of the deceased employee.
129 total views, 2 views today