PAN- Permanent Account Number ie PAN card is an important document. If your income is more than the income tax exemption limit, then it is mandatory for you to have a PAN number.
PAN- Permanent Account Number ie PAN card is an important document. If your income is more than the income tax exemption limit, then it is mandatory for you to have a PAN number. To get a PAN card, first one had to go to the office and apply (How to apply for PAN card). But, now most of the applications are done online only. Applying online is quite easy. Your PAN card is available within minutes. You can download e-PAN immediately after applying.
The country’s largest body, the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), had started the facility of e-PAN. If you also apply for e-PAN, then CBDT sends you a soft copy of PAN card in PDF format through e-mail. You can download and use PAN from your e-mail ID. Also, in case of loss, bursting or damage of PAN card, you can download e-PAN till the duplicate card is received.
How to apply for Instant PAN Card?
- First of all go to the e-filing portal of Income Tax Department and click on “Quick Links” given on the left side in “Instant PAN through Aadhaar” section.
- After that click on “Get New PAN” on the new page.
- Enter your Aadhaar number for new PAN card and generate OTP on your Aadhaar linked mobile phone by entering Captcha code.
- Authenticate the OTP.
- Authenticate the details of Aadhaar.
- You will also have the option to authenticate the e-mail ID for PAN card application.
- The e-KYC data of that Aadhaar number will be shared with the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) after which you will get an instant PAN. This whole process will not take more than 10 minutes.
How to download e-PAN?
- First of all you go to this website. https://www.myutiitsl.com/PAN_ONLINE/PANApp
Select Individual in the box containing the applicant’s status.
- After this, in the Select the Required option, select the physical PAN card and e-PAN and fill the information sought below it.
- After this the submit button is given at the bottom. Click on it.
- After filling the complete form, the officials check your information.
- After some time you will get e-PAN in PDF format on the e-mail id.
Free and paperless process
The entire process of getting a new PAN card has been made easy, free and paperless. In this you do not even need to upload any document on the portal. Keep in mind that this facility is for those people who have never been allotted PAN before, their mobile phone number is linked with the Aadhaar number and their complete date of birth is given on the Aadhaar card. Along with this, the facility of e-PAN is not for minors.
34 total views, 2 views today