Walewale: Nana Addo inspects GH¢36 million watermelon juice and rice factory

The President was informed that the company is employing the use of PET line technology, as compared to the Tetra Packs technology, and it is being financed with a facility from the Ghana EXIM Bank.

With minor construction works to be undertaken, President Akufo-Addo was informed that the overall project is 90% complete, with offices and staff accommodation at 80% completion, and plant, equipment, and machinery all on-site ready to be installed.

Full operationalization of the factory has been deferred to March 2022, with the company has installed a 10 metric tonnes per hour facility.

It is expected that, upon completion, the company will create direct employment opportunities for 300 Ghanaians and over 2,000 indirect workers, including farmers and aggregators, to be engaged in an out-grower scheme, covering parts of North East, Northern, and other Regions of the country.

1D1F Tamanaa rice factory

The President also visited Tamanaa Company Ltd., a rice farming and processing company located in Nasia near Walewale, which is also operating under Government’s 1-District-1-Factory initiative.

As a result of the support received from the government, the company has been able to expand its operations, by adding a 250-metric ton per day rice milling facility, to its already existing 40 metric ton per day plant.

So far, some 148 workers have been employed, with the company generating a turnover of some $1.5 million annually.

The company markets 60% of its rice as parboiled and the remaining 40% as non-parboiled under the brand name Nasia Star Rice.

Tamanaa company currently engages over 4,000 rice farmers and aggregators operating in the West Mamprusi, East Mamprusi, Savulugu, Nanton, and Mamprugu-Moagduri Districts.

 114 total views,  2 views today

Eneba Many GEOs
GearBest WW
caviar-phone.ru
Newchic WW
Floryday WW
Kwork
AliExpress RU&CIS
Bellelily WW
Vialet [Android, CPS] Many GEO's
ChicMe WW
Norton [CPS] WW
Nayomi SA AE
Ru vds WW
AliExpress WW
Knowfashionstyle WW
Spread the love

Leave a Reply

×

Hello!

Click one of our representatives below to chat on WhatsApp or send us an email to rokoto.net@gmail.com

× How can I help you?
%d bloggers like this: