The government has taken a big step regarding mobile number protection. Now you don’t need to worry. TRAI i.e. Telecom Regulatory Authority of India has made a big change in the rules of Mobile Number Protectability (MNP). Now you will not have to wait for a long time of 7 days to port your mobile number. That is, now you have a bat.
10 thousand fine
As per the new TRAI rule, the maximum time limit for conducting MNP (Mobile Number Protection) has now been reduced from 7 days to 2 days (within the circle). At the same time, if the number has to be ported from one circle to another telecom circle, then it will take a maximum of 4 days. There is a provision of maximum fine of Rs 10,000 for willful rejection of porting request.
Process in 24 hrs
- The existing operator will have to send the porting details of the user within 24 hours.
- Users will also have to reject their porting request within 24 hours.
- The porting process will start within 24 hours, for which an SMS will be sent to the user.
- Users can stop this porting process within 24 hours.
View official information here
TRAI releases Draft Telecommunication Mobile Number Portability (Seventh Amendment) Regulations, 2018https://t.co/tbrmQoWdZ5
— TRAI (@TRAI) September 25, 2018
See also here
- In this new guidelines of TRAI, users suffering from poor service of telecom operators can be changed to the existing operator within two days. At present, users can change the telecom operator in 7 days.
- According to the current MNP rule across the country, the operator can be changed in a maximum of 7 working days.
- Users from Jammu and Kashmir and North-East states get 15 working days.
40 total views, 4 views today