One can apply for ration card in the state of Andhra Pradesh through online or offline mode as possible. It can be implemented by any resident irrespective of caste. Ration card is an essential document to get essential basic food items at low prices. It also provides as proof of identity, proof of issuance of other documents etc. It is provided on the basis of income/economic status. It is issued and distributed by the Department of Consumer Affairs, Food and Civil Supplies in the state.
Ration card for residents
Government of Andhra Pradesh
Department of Consumer Affairs, Food and Civil Supplies, Government of Andhra Pradesh
AP.meeseva.gov.in / onlineap.meeseva.gov.in
Types of Ration Card:
- White Ration Card – It is issued to the citizens below the poverty line.
- Pink Ration Card – It is issued to the citizens above the poverty line.
- A period of 15 days is required to process the ration card.
- Important Documents Required While Applying for Ration Card:
- Proof of Identity (PAN Card/Election Card/Passport/Driving License/Any Identity Card/Document issued by Government Organization)
- Proof of Residence (Election Card/Aadhar Card/Electricity Bill/Telephone Bill/LPG Connection Bill)
- 3 passport size photographs
- income proof
- Bank passbook
The above mentioned original documents are to be submitted for verification and these are to be submitted in copies for further processing.
The applicant must be a resident of Andhra Pradesh.
Applicants whose ration card has expired are also eligible to apply.
Procedure to apply for Ration Card:
- Applicant has to visit the official portal @ap.meeseva.gov.in.
- Click on Meeseva Service Form.
- Then click on Civil Supplies and then Issue of New Ration Card (White/Pink) as applicable.
- Download it, fill the form with details as required.
- Submit the form along with the required documents to the nearest ration office/block office.
- Applicants can also visit Meeseva online portal.
- Start with registration, then login and fill required details like residential address, ration type and other FPS details, family members details like name, gender, date of birth, age, business details, income details, bank details etc.
- Upload the required documents and click on submit.
- Take a printout of the acknowledgment.
- The application status can be tracked from the portal.
- After being verified and approved by the official, the ration card will be issued and sent to the registered address by post.
- Ration card can also be downloaded from the portal.
262 total views, 2 views today