Aadhar card is such a document. Which has become an integral part of life. Its use has become mandatory for almost all important work from opening a bank account. Let us know how to do name correction in it.
Aadhaar is designed as a recognized and valid proof of ID and address across the country. Once you enroll yourself for Aadhaar, the service provider does not face the problem of KYC or KYC performance repeatedly before providing any service. Those who do not have any identity document. Residents are now relieved of the hassle of having to constantly prove identity through documents every time. Aadhaar is an important document when they are required to open a bank account, obtain a passport, or perform a service like driving license etc. If you have Aadhaar then you can easily get government subsidy and other benefits. Let’s know about the base.
Aadhar card is a 12-digit unique numeric identity issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India or UIDAI to Indian citizens. The uniqueness of this card is that it contains your demographic and biometric information and is used for all necessary authentication purposes. Government issues Aadhar card free of cost to all and applying for Aadhar is voluntary and not a rule as of now. With the increasing importance of Aadhaar day by day, it is our responsibility to provide correct details as required during Aadhaar enrollment. These details are very important because when you apply for Aadhaar they will not only be authenticated but also stored in a central database with the government.
It keeps getting information that some details are entered incorrectly in Aadhar and hence need to be rectified or updated etc. will be allowed. UIDAI has both online and offline facilities to correct or update your Aadhaar.
You are allowed to correct any mistake in your Aadhaar or update any of your data by filling the Aadhaar Card Update/Correction Form. If you are making any updates or changes within 96 hours or 4 days from the date of enrollment, there is no cost to you to do so. But, after 4 days, you will have to pay a minimum fee of 50 for any update or change request. Here we will tell you in detail about the process of name change in Aadhar card.
Aadhar Card Name Change Methods – Online and Offline
There used to be two different ways where you could do Aadhar card name change which was online and offline, however, currently, as per the instructions of UIDAI, Aadhar card name change can be done offline only, which means That you need to visit any nearest Permanent Basis Kendra PEC or Aadhar Kendra Seva or ASK and you will not be allowed to change Aadhar Card Name Change Online. Apart from this, you can also book an appointment online and download the Aadhaar correction form and visit the centre.
- Visit the official website of STEP https://uidai.gov.in/ and click on “Book Appointment” under “Get Aadhaar” under “My Aadhaar” in the homepage.
- Select the name of the center as per your location and click on the appointment to proceed.
- Select the Aadhaar Update option as shown below.
- Enter your mobile number and captcha code.
- Enter the OTP which will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- On successful verification, you will see a form which you have to fill with your details and then you can submit the form
- You can create appointment details by going to the tab titled Manage Appointment
- Download Aadhaar Enrollment/Update Form from https://uidai.gov.in/images/aadhaar_enrolment_correction_form_version_2.1.pdf.
- Go to PEC or ASK with the form as per time slot and along with required supporting documents.
Offline: You can also get the Aadhaar card name changed by visiting the Permanent Enrollment Center or ASK. You can search for the nearest Enrollment Center by visiting the UIDAI website link:- https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx?
AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1 and get the nearest center and book an appointment as mentioned above and then visit the center as per the booked time and date slot. Download the required form as per the above steps. Follow the steps given below to change the name of Aadhar card.
- Fill the Aadhaar Enrollment/Correction Form carefully.
- Mention your name properly and accurately in the form.
- Submit the form along with the appropriate proof of identity -POI.
- Aadhar officer will register your Aadhar card correction request.
- You will get an acknowledgment receipt for the update request.
- You will have to pay Rs 50 to avail this facility.
Under this method you can easily change the name of Aadhar card. In this case, the evidence is collected by the officer at the time of receiving the request.
222 total views, 2 views today