Founder and leader of All People’s Congress Hassan Ayariga, is claiming that Ghana is paying $12 million monthly just for abandoning the Saglemi Housing Project.
Mr. Ayariga said we should be embarrassed as Ghanaians over the Saglemi Housing Project.
He noted what we need to do is to make the houses accessible to Ghanaians since we cannot live in a country where people are looking for accommodation and yet we have abandoned the housing project.
Mr. Ayariga said he is very sad even though he has received numerous calls from the seat of government promising to fix it.
Meanwhile, the Minister for Works and Housing Asenso Boakye has said that the Saglemi housing project is in a poor state due to corruption and lack of proper planning by politicians.
“In doing all that we intend to do, we also believe that there is a huge institutional gap in housing deliberation in this country. I don’t believe in putting housing development in the hands of politicians because I believe that it’s a technical job. The reason why you don’t put housing projects in the hands of politicians is to ensure that we can ensure continuity in addressing housing problems. If you are not lucky and find an unscrupulous politician in office, the end result is what we have at Saglemi.”
“Project failure is what you will experience, and it will not be properly thought through and the implementation will not go well and corruption will be the order of the day. That is all Saglemi is all about.”
- Youth Spirit and Dubai Fountain enter Derby and Oaks calculations with victories on opening day of Boodles May Festival
- Jill Duggar thanks friends and family for their ‘prayers and texts’ after brother Josh arrested on child porn charges
- Jimmy Savile’s paedo pal driver Ray Teret dies in prison aged 79 after cancer battle
- Warning Facebook could ‘muzzle’ more conservative voices as Ted Cruz and Kevin McCarthy blast ‘disgraceful’ Trump ban
- Roma vs Manchester United ODDS BOOST: Get Man Utd at 9/1 to win or Roma at 22/1 in the second leg