A Circuit Court in Bekwai in the Ashanti Region presided by His Honour Mark Diboro has jailed a 35-year-old driver, Yaw Gyamfi, to 15 years imprisonment for impersonating as a military officer to defraud two persons a total of Ghc16,300 under false pretense of enlisting them into the Ghana Armed forces.
According to the Prosecutor, the convict has been parading as a military officer duping innocent people under the pretense of recruiting them into the Ghana Armed Forces.
Four months ago, the convict visited his girl lover at Krofrom -Jacobu wearing a military T-Shirt claiming that he was from a Military base at Sunyani. He convinced one Abena Nyarko -sister of his lover and collected Gh1,300 to facilitate her recruitment into the Military.
The convict again took Ghc15,000 from a chief -Nana Kwarteng Ababio II under the pretense of enlisting his four children into the Ghana Army.
The convict went into hiding afterward, however, he was arrested by Police at his hideout at Krofrom -Jacobu.
A military T-shirt was retrieved from the bag of the accused.
He admitted the offense in his caution statement and was charged with defrauding by false pretense.
- Youth Spirit and Dubai Fountain enter Derby and Oaks calculations with victories on opening day of Boodles May Festival
- Jill Duggar thanks friends and family for their ‘prayers and texts’ after brother Josh arrested on child porn charges
- Jimmy Savile’s paedo pal driver Ray Teret dies in prison aged 79 after cancer battle
- Warning Facebook could ‘muzzle’ more conservative voices as Ted Cruz and Kevin McCarthy blast ‘disgraceful’ Trump ban
- Roma vs Manchester United ODDS BOOST: Get Man Utd at 9/1 to win or Roma at 22/1 in the second leg