One person was killed when two unidentified men raided a mining site at Attabrakoso, a community near Jacobu in the Ashanti Region.
The victim named as 30-year-old Richard Arthur, an excavator operator with Tolla Mining Company died when he sustained multiple gunshot wounds during the Tuesday dawn attack.
The robbers also shot a security man during the raid. He is currently receiving treatment at a health facility.
An employee of the company who pleaded anonymity told dailymailgh.com that the armed men made away with items such as a TV set, and a mobile phone and two pump action guns.
The police at Jacobu have been notified of the development and have since taken over investigations.
They were however not reachable for comments.
- Akuapem Poloo to undergo pregnancy test after being convicted
- Dangerous giant snakes invade Kumasi residential settlements [Video]
- Police offer GHC10,000 bounty on Takoradi murder suspects
- Media Attachés of Ghana Sports Federations hold successful interactions with GOC President
- Rep. Kevin Brady announces retirement